Get a glimpse into Lebanon’s past and listen to some old-time tales as we visit the oldest historical buildings in the downtown area, dating back to 1886. A very popular walk, and this year there’s a new spin on it.
- The walk is sponsored by a collaborative effort between BLT (Joanne Nelson), Lebanon Downtown Association (Yvette Meyer), City of Lebanon Community Development (Alysia Rodgers), and Lebanon Museum (Linda Ziedrich).
- Jeff Smith, native Lebanon resident, will lead us and present historical facts as well as local stories.
- We will visit five older building interiors and learn about their architecture, from Gothic to the Italianate style.
- There will be brochures available with photos and descriptions of downtown historic buildings.
- There will be storyboards posted at seven downtown locations a week ahead of the walk in preparation for the tour.
- The tour ends at The Lobby in the former Lebanon Hotel building around 3:40 pm. Free coffee will be available, and there’s time to walk back to the park to enjoy the tree lighting festivities, or stay and socialize in The Lobby and visit our display table.
Question about the event?
We’ll leave promptly at 2 pm, but sign up early to use one of our whisper listening devices so you don’t miss any of the walk leader’s great lecture.
Parking downtown may take more time than usual because of the other festivities in the park.
Restrooms are available at the park.
Dogs on leash are welcome but may not be allowed to go inside structures.
Where to meet
Meet at the BLT booth near the gazebo in Ralston Park.