The trail work day is always one of our most popular events of the year, and because it’s outside we’re holding a workday this year. Note that the date is the third Saturday and is subject to change due to weather. Check back on this page to verify the date and time.
Here are some of the tasks we hope to accomplish:
- Spread mulch around trees
- Remove broken trees and branches, place on debris pile
- Prune or trim trees
- Pull briars and weeds from around trees and benches
- Pick up trash
- Reinstall the John Dinges sign at the start of the island loop
Question about the event?
Wear good apparel for working in dirt and mud and quite possibly rain.
Please bring any of the following equipment if you have it:
– wheel barrows
– pruners, clippers, loppers
– leaf blowers
– string trimmers
Please try to mark your tools in some way so they can be identified.
Recommended safety gear:
– sturdy, waterproof footwear
– work gloves
– safety glasses
– safety vests
– waterproof outerwear
– face masks
– boots or sturdy shoes
Where to meet
Cheadle Lake North Shore parking lot and boat launch off River Road. See the map.